Saturday, October 4, 2008

Using colored posters as lighted aquarium background

Some aquascapers usually stick black, blue or white colors paper on the back of their tank to create a black, blue or white effect. However, using this method lacks the flexibility which doesn't allow one to change their background as and when they like. Personally, I prefer use different colored paper to create different lighting effect. However, I do not stick the color paper on my tank wall. Instead, I leave a distance between the tank wall and the colored paper. In between the tank wall and the colored paper, I inserted a fluorescent light tube to provide brightness. By doing this, I can change my background color anytime.

I have done this on "Sunny Grassland". I have used white, blue and orange background. I will attached a diagram or picture shortly so that I can explain my concept clearly..

Stay tune.........

No comments: